Sunday 10 November 2013

Working As Part Of A Big Team

It's been almost a year since my joining the company I'm working at right now. There are so many people involved in every single process in the company. It's like what I did in college and in high school, but of a much bigger scale. Everybody has their own routine, tasks, priorities.

This is not the first time I requested for data that takes a week-or two, or even worse, two months-to get collected. As I said above, everybody has their own ego tasks and priorities. Perhaps they put me under their critical needs, which should be. And I have my targets too. Deadlines, which I cannot compromise because it's from my superordinate and has been declared since before I joined.

And one must understand the limits of their access; you cannot access the system as an admin when you're a low-level user even though you have knowledge of what you want to do. Once I asked for access to a specific system where I can collect data for myself. But it was not approved, and I thought: A person who works all the jobs cannot be part of a team; he is the team himself. But the company needs a team person; a person who can rely on and trust others.

Once again, this is a learning progress to become part of a big team. A big team with huge tasks. And to become part of this big team, one must understand the needs of others, appreciate others. And that's exactly what I have to do. A team walks together. Anyway, here's a picture of my beloved football team (at least there's the team, in case you don't see any connection :p).

No comments:

Post a Comment